Phase 2 expanding to include all students who have on-campus courses, on-campus staff and students living in residence
ETOBICOKE - During the week of September 14, Humber Athletics piloted the re-opening of the fitness centres at the North and Lakeshore Campuses for staff required to be on-campus and students living in residence. This pilot program provided an incredible opportunity to inform Humber Athletics staff of the efficacy for current processes in place. At the conclusion of the initial reopening phase, Humber and Athletics staff are confident in moving forward with Phase 2, expanding to include all students who have on-campus courses to utilize the fitness centre through a reservation system.
Phase 2: Week of September 28
For students who have a course on campus, use of the gym for their scheduled workout is restricted to the day(s) they are on campus for academic purposes. The fitness centres will continue to be open to students living in residence on campus. Humber staff who are working regularly on campus as part of their Faculty or department’s return to campus plan continue to have access. These staff members must already have manager approval to be working on-site. Staff members who are regularly working remotely will not be permitted to use the fitness centres on an ad-hoc basis.
Fitness Centre Reservation System
In alignment with industry best practices and current safety protocols for contact tracing, Humber Athletics will move to an online reservation system for booking workout slots at our fitness centres. There will no longer be drop-in hours available and all on-campus students, residence students, and staff are required to pre-register their workout time.
Slots are available in 90-minute* increments as follows:
North Campus Fitness Centre – Monday through Friday: 11 a.m., 1 p.m., 3 p.m., 5 p.m.
Lakeshore Campus Fitness Centre – Monday, Wednesday and Friday: 11 a.m., 1 p.m., 3 p.m., 5 p.m.
- Can be booked up to 14 days in advance and 1 minute prior to any given time slot.
- Select your campus from the booking page, pick a date from the calendar and then select your desired time slot.
- Complete the registration form and reserve your place.
- Limit one reservation per day, restricted to the day of campus access for students (academic purposes) or for staff (manager approval).
- Any questions please email Humber Athletics.
*Please note your 90-minute session will include check-in time, use of the fitness facility, and departure.
Fitness Centre Protocols
To gain access to the Fitness Centre individuals must follow these protocols:
- Reserve your Fitness Centre timeslot online at our booking page here.
- All students must bring their student card to swipe in for contact tracing.
- Staff must bring their staff ID card, and swipe in for contact tracing purposes.
- Come dressed and ready for your workout. Minimize the items you bring with you and avoid the use of change rooms and/or lockers.
- Masks or face coverings are mandatory when entering the fitness centre and when in common spaces. Masks may be removed when using the equipment.
- When entering the Lakeshore Fitness Centre, staff and students must present their completed Guardian App prior to entry.
- Towel service and showers are not available at either location.
- Follow all COVID-19 policies and protocols in place with respect to patrons cleaning their own equipment, physical distancing, and directional signage and flow.
- Fitness centres are limited to 30 guests per time slot.
- Fitness centres will be closed after each 90-minute workout slot for cleaning and sterilization.
Here is what to expect when arriving at our facility:
Hours of Operation
Mondays to Fridays
11 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Mondays, Wednesdays, & Fridays (closed Tuesdays & Thursdays)
11 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.